You know too well that dryer sheets are the most popular option when it comes to keeping your laundry static free. They do this job in an effective manner. As it turns out these thin sheets have multiple other uses. Some of the following you may have never considered around your cleaning and others will seem too absurd. Still, give it a try and you will find that dryer sheets are useful in many other ways. Let’s see some of them:
- Take away bad odour from the laundry - if you have piles of dirty laundry the unpleasant aroma of which is starting to feel, you can use dryer sheets as a solution. They can absorb a great deal of the smell before you actually get to cleaning. That will keep bad odours at bay till laundry day comes.
- Cleaning computer screens - there are some strict rules you need to follow if you want to avoid damaging your computer screen as you give it a much needed clean. Using soft cloth or dryer sheets as material to wipe the screen is one of them.
- Remove static from hair - dryer sheets have a great anti-static quality, which makes them great for removing static from your hair. All you have to do is wipe one down your hair and all of the static will disappear. Go for a type that is scented for the purpose of treating fresh laundry.
- Cleaning service for paint brushes - if you have finished wall renovations, you will want to clean the brushes as soon as possible. Don’t delay and wait for the paint to dry, as cleaning then might be impossible. Soak the paintbrushes you used in warm water and place some dryer sheets to float there. This will make it easier for paint to slough off.
- Fight the nasty smell of shoes - we all know that shoes can develop a rather rancid smell at times. To help fight that, you can use dryer sheets. Take half a sheet to stick in each shoe and see just how much of a difference this can make.
- Keeping pet hair at bay - if you have a pet cat or a dog that likes to cuddle with you on the couch, you are probably used to dealing with pet hair. In order to avoid the need of upholstery cleaning, you can use dryer sheets to wipe pet hair off the furniture and floor.
- Keep bugs at bay - sticking a dryer sheet into your belt loop or pocket will act as repellent for mosquitoes and other bugs. It also works well to prevent mice from chewing through mouse holes.
- Cleaning dishes - soak your dishes in a pot full of warm soapy water, but don’t forget to place some dryer sheets on the bottom. Let it sit overnight and see the fantastic result in the morning.
- Bathroom cleaning - dealing with soap scum has likely become one of your most hated chores. Running a dryer sheet over the problem areas is going to do wonders and provide you with clean faucets and surfaces in no time at all.
- Take on spills - did you just drop a cup of flour on the floor? There is no need to panic - you can use some dryer sheets to address the issue right away. It is the static absorbing quality that makes them great for picking up powder-like ingredients.
Consider each of these uses for dryer sheets. You will find just how useful they are and how great it is to use them for something like that.